Can you imagine a better place than the pristine forests of the Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center to learn about and observe nature?
Sustainable development is the intrinsic theme for the activity at Treetop Quest.
Guests at the park will learn about and engage in the environment while having a minimal impact on the natural surroundings. The structures at Treetop Quest are absolutely treatment-free with no nails, screws or puncturing of any tree.
Take a look at our environmental education boards displayed at each entry as you progress to a new course level.
Ground illustrations by Yann Arthus-Bertrand:
19 photographs by the renowned French photographer and environmentalist are displayed on information boards located on each course level. To raise awareness, Arthus-Bertrand evokes the modern world’s environmental and social issues through the images’ layout and text.
More than Fun…
- Treetop Quest is about teaching people about Nature and the Environment
- Integrated quizzes
- Go through the obstacle to find the answer
- You will find educational posters throughout the park
Nature in Gwinnett: Treetop Quest at the GEHC
Treetop Quest is located on campus at the Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center, a gold level award winner in the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating. LEED features include pervious paving, bio-swales, wetlands, and the largest sloping green roof (40,000-square-foot) in the Southeastern U.S.
The Gwinnett County Environmental & Heritage Center offers a wide variety of programs and recreation for K-12 education, adults, and families including workshops, hikes, facility rentals, and birthday party packages.
Treetop Quest and the GEHC offer customized field trips for your specific class:
- Field trips to satisfy requirements for chemistry and environmental science
- Physics program uses a hands-on approach for students to discover the science behind our obstacles and zip lines
- Learn more about field trips with Treetop and the GEHC on our school groups page